UPDATE Via Mother Jones: Indianapolis-area TV station WLFI reports that the Indiana deputy attorney general “is no longer employed by the agency.”
From my own Twitter account, I confronted the user, JCCentCom. He tweeted back that the demonstrators were “political enemies” and “thugs” who were “physically threatening legally elected officials.” In response to such behavior, he said, “You’re damned right I advocate deadly force.” He later called me a “typical leftist,” adding, “liberals hate police.“
This isn’t the first over the top comment Mr. Cox has made.
…from labeling President Obama an “incompetent and treasonous” enemy of the nation to comparing “enviro-Nazis” to Osama bin Laden, likening ex-Labor Secretary Robert Reich and Service Employees International Union members to Nazi “brownshirts” on multiple occasions, and referring to an Indianapolis teen as “a black teenage thug who was (deservedly) beaten up” by local police. A “sensible policy for handling Afghanistan,” he offered, could be summed up as: “KILL! KILL! ANNIHILATE!”
When confronted about his comments by the Mother Jones reporter, Mr. Cox answered:
All my comments on twitter & my blog are my own and no one else’s. And I can defend them all.
- Support grows for Wisconsin workers (redantliberationarmy.wordpress.com)
- Indiana Official: ‘Use Live Ammo’ Against Wisconsin Protesters (huffingtonpost.com)
- Indiana state Senate passes law to curb teachers unions (reuters.com)
- Indiana Democrats Walk Out to Protest Union-Busting Bill, Deny Quorum (news.firedoglake.com)
- In Wisconsin, Protests Get Louder (npr.org)